How does Coaching fit in with other disciplines such as psychiatrist, psychologist, mentors, etc ?
Let’s use the metaphor of driving a car.
- A psychiatrist will diagnose what is stopping you from from driving the car – The ‘Why’
- A psychologist will listen to the anxieties about you driving the car….where else do you have similar anxieties ?…
- A mentor will share hints and trips from his experience of driving… what happened to me back then and what I would do differently now.
- A consultant will advise you on how to drive the car…. the do’s and don’s
- A trainer will practise with you driving a car
- A coach will work with you in such a way, that you will be overcoming your obstacles, you will put the things in place that help and support you in driving the car. A coach will help you identifying your obstacles and helping you finding your personal approach to the solution.
Hope this helps in selecting the ‘right discipline’ for your situation.
… maybe this helps you to assess which areas of your life you want to change ?