What are the indicators to know that you are ready for coaching ?
(This list is an extract from the BusinessTimes / CareerTimes section 8th of November 2009 by BillPrice)
If you agree with any of these statements, you might be ready for coaching.
- I am willing to stop shortchanging myself, to stop setting limits on what I can do. I am willing to consider options I once thought were not available to me.(Note: “If you think you can’t, you are probably right” . . . famous saying)
- I am willing to consider that becoming fulfilled in my own life can work for the higher good of all.
- I am willing to take a fresh look at my life.
- I am ready to make real and positive changes in my life.
- I am ready to discover my personal mission, purpose, and vision(Note: in such a way that it inspires my mind, touches my heart and give me a clear direction towards my committed bigger picture.
- I am ready to be completely honest about where I am now and where I want to go from here in my life.(Note: this is often the challenging part. Where do we really want to go and why ? Where does this direction come from ? Do I actually understand why I am aspiring to certain goals ? Consciousness development helps to see and recognise the ‘programming’, which we are normally not aware of.
- I am ready to do what it takes to learn and grow.(Note: Am I also ready to give up whatever is required in order to gain, grow and develop ? . . . those disfunctional patterns and ‘comfortable addictions’ ;-))
- I am ready and willing to overcome self-limiting beliefs and behaviours.
- I am ready to let go of the past and embrace my future, to get more in touch with my hopes and dreams.
(Note that I do not agree fully with each and every of the above statement – this is purely to share what has been published on the subject of coaching recently.)